I have a new found respect for any and all amateur and professional musician. I'm just going to say one thing. It is REALLY hard to record a song! I decided for my first today that I was going to try (to successfully) record a song on guitar. I literally spent an hour on this thing, and I still messed up a few times in the final version. Trust me, though, it's better than the previous twenty-some recordings. There were various curses and picks thrown across the room in frustration :). I can never get over how strange it is to hear my own voice in a recording. It always sounds different in a recording than what I hear when I speak or sing. Well, here is my rendition of "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" by the Fleetfoxes. I tried recording "Blackbird" first, but it ended in (utter) disaster. And even though this recording isn't absolutely perfect, I'm still proud of myself for finishing it. Enjoy!
*Note: Link was broken before, but now it's on YouTube!
No comments:
Post a Comment