Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 3: Follow Through!

So, I have this issue with, you know, getting it all done. I AM A PROCRASTINATOR, a big fat procrastinator. I decided today that I'm actually going to get it all done. I make these little lists for myself on post-it notes every day and promise that I'm going to finish every item on them, but I actually never do. I usually get them about 70 % done, but not today. I'm going to finish every last painfully tedious thing on my list of 10:

1. Buy a plane ticket to Charleston, SC to visit my best friend, Cathy. (1/2 check)
2. Finish my final project rubric for Of Mice and Men (check)
3. Finish my speech project assignment (check)
4. Finish my senior year course options sheet (check)
5. Get my lesson plan ready for an O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L observation (I want me some tenure, baby!) (check)
6. Finish Participation Rubric for all classes (check)
7. Grade rough drafts for my advanced class rhetorical analysis (ugh ugh ugh)
8. Mail my friend a check (1/2 done!)
9. Finish grading those grammar sheets, the ones from 8th period that I've been putting off for three days (check)
10. Call Elaine and Cathy (dropped phone in toilet last night...crap)

I'm on my way to finishing them! Wish me luuuck! I'll write back about progress later.

Well...I don't want to say I failed! I just...didn't finish everything. However, I was really productive, and I still tried to do something new! I finished like 70 % of my list, basically my average. I think I need to get rid of facebook. Maybe that will be my new first tomorrow, or maybe the day after, or the day after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment